Last updated: May 15, 2018


This section tells you how to appeal decisions about your Medicaid case that you don't agree with.

What is an appeal?

You can appeal any decision, action, or inaction that you do not agree with that has been made by the Department of Human Services (DHS) or the Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS). For example, you can file an appeal if you are cut off of Medicaid or denied Medicaid after you apply.

How do I appeal a decision I don’t agree with?

The easiest way to file an appeal is online through your Manage My Case account. The Appeals button is at the top of every screen. Choose the reason for your appeal from the list on the screen and follow the directions to file your appeal.

You can also file an appeal by phone, fax, mail, email or in person. You can find links to the forms you will need to fill out at the DHS website.


Need More Help?

If you need a lawyer to help you with your appeal, you can: