Last updated: July 30, 2018


This section provides information about MMC (Manage My Case).

What is Manage My Case?

Manage My Case (MMC) is a new section on the Application for Benefits Eligibility (ABE) website that lets you check on, change, and renew your Medicaid, SNAP, and TANF benefits online, anytime.

Use Manage My Case to:

  • Check the status of an application
  • Renew benefits
  • See which Managed Care Organization (MCO) you are enrolled in
  • Report changes – income, household members, expenses, or new address
  • Upload documents
  • View notices
  • View and reschedule upcoming appointments
  • File and manage appeals

How to Set Up a Manage My Case:


Step 1:


Step 2:

Click on the green “Manage My Case” button

Enter your ABE User ID and Password

If you don’t have an ABE account, click ‘Create an ABE account’ to register


Step 3:

After logging in, select ‘Link your account’

Enter your date of birth and Social Security Number or Individual ID number

This one-time process will link your ABE account to your benefit case information


Step 4:

When you link your case to your ABE account, you will be asked to answer a few questions to confirm your identity. If successful, you will go right to MMC.


Note: If you can’t answer the identity questions correctly or if the system does not have enough information to ask you questions, you will be asked to contact the Experian Credit Bureau Help Desk to answer additional questions.

Some people can’t set up Manage My Case at this time, for example if they do not have a credit history. The State is working on solutions to help more people set up Manage My Case.

You can still apply for benefits and use your Medical card if you cannot set up a Manage My Case Account. 


Know Your Rights

You can appeal any decision, action, or inaction that you do not agree with that has been made by the Department of Human Services (DHS) or Health Care and Family Services (HFS). For example, you can file an appeal if you are cut off of Medicaid or denied Medicaid after you apply. Go to this page for more information on how to make an appeal about your Medicaid case. 


Need Help with Manage My Case in Another Language?

Manage My Case fact sheets are available from the DuPage Federation in Arabic, Burmese, Chinese Mandarin, Hindi, Korean, Polish, Russian, Tagalog, Urdu, and Vietnamese.